A Safety Management System (SMS) is a systematic approach to managing safety, including the necessary organizational structures, accountabilities, policies and procedures.
Currently, the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Council requires the operators of certified airports to implement the Safety Management System. The system involves a proactive approach to safety management, targeted at preventing air accidents by collecting information and data from different sources, concerning potential threats, subsequent analysis of this data and undertaking adequate preventive and/or corrective measures, based on its results. Such a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to the question of aviation safety allows for effective prevention of air accidents. The purpose of SMS is to ensure safety, construed as the state in which the risk of harm to persons or property damage is reduced to, and maintained at or below, an acceptable level through a continuing process of hazard identification and risk management.
SMS planning and implementation is a complex and collaborative process, involving all persons working at the airport whose activities may directly affect the safety of operation. The Safety Management Manual (ICAO Doc 9859) steps for implementing SMS:
• senior management’s commitment to safety,
• hazard identification,
• risk assessment,
• investigation capability,
• safety analysis capability,
• safety promotion and training,
• safety management documentation and information management,
• safety oversight and safety performance monitoring.
Reaching our goal is possible because of:
- the effective implementation of an incident reporting system which may jeopardize the operations carried out by Air Res Aviation,
- compliance with all applicable laws, along with the fulfillment of standards and taking into account the best practices, maintaining proper hazard identification and risk analysis.
Events as well as potential hazardous situations for safe air operations can be reported as follows:
- via e-mail: email@example.com